Monday, January 22, 2007

Military Intelligence

Some cadets enjoy some R&R.

I'd like to know what goes on in the hazing of ROC soldiers. I've heard that some activities that conscripts are subject to can get pretty raunchy (when the higher officials are out of sight).

I assume that the army is in a general mess with low morale, alcoholism on the bases, soaring suicide rates and general loneliness and unease.

I have an officer friend in the military who summed it up in one good quote. It was of a new recruit saying to his commanding officer that if China attacked Taiwan, he would kill his officer superiors and therefore merit a medal from China! This soldier was not even given a tap on the hand for this treasonous comment!!!

If you have done your service in the ROC and have any tales, send them to me!Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Share IslaFormosa on Facebook

Share

Haven't found what you want?

Google

Total Pageviews

RSS Subscribe Now!