Sunday, July 9, 2006

Boar-ed in Taipei

I was walking down ChongQing South Road, a block from the Presidential Building, and from behind a pillar in the sidewalk came this giant dog - no! - a huge boar!!!

It surprised the crap out of me! I wasn't expecting to see one in the middle of the city. I have seen them at people's home's before in the south. Taiwanese still like to keep exotic, wild pets (monkeys and orangutangs used to be common!).

I asked the owner of this one, who runs a sports store, what it's story was. They said they had raised it from a piglet. Hmmm, wild animals in contact with civilization. Didn't I hear that was one of the prime causes of the spread of SARS? Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Share IslaFormosa on Facebook

Share

Haven't found what you want?

Google

Total Pageviews

RSS Subscribe Now!