Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I'm nursing my Wii Elbow

Got a Wii taste of the Wii over the weekend. My brother-in-law succumbed to buying a Japan model.

As you may know, Wii is currently only available in select markets. Therefore, for Taiwanese to own one they need to import the consoles from other markets. The practice is a little shady but people tend to turn a blind eye to it.

The only drawback is that most of the menus are in Japanese which is fine if you can get by. I had my brother-in-law to help. For most of the games you can muddle your way through.

I tried all of the Wii sports. Pretty fun except tennis and baseball will definitely give you a case of Wii elbow! We also got a chance to play Day of Defeat. Awesome game and hard to master. Great gameplay although the screen scrolling made me a little oozy (I had drank a couple cans of beer). There are some cool sequences where German soldiers butt you with their guns and then try and strangle you. To shake them off you have to do a punching action and then a butting action to hit them with your rifle. Exhausting!

Try it out! Any other Taiwan Wii experiences?

No comments:

Share IslaFormosa on Facebook

Share

Haven't found what you want?

Google

Total Pageviews

RSS Subscribe Now!