Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Strawberry Picking in Miaoli

The other week I had a chance to go to Miaoli to see the strawberry situation there.

With the great weather we've been having this year it was great fun! My nieces especially enjoyed calling to a pair of fair sized turkeys in a nearby field.

Here's an interesting thing that I learned. Apparently Taiwanese don't use scarecrows as much as we do. I did see one mannequin scarecrow but it was unconvincing. What I did find though were volleyball like nets with real live birds or bird corpses in them. Locals apparently can buy these birds live and put them in the nets to scare the others.

Farm life, a cruel end to many an animal's life. Gobble, gobble!

No comments:

Share IslaFormosa on Facebook

Share

Haven't found what you want?

Google

Total Pageviews

RSS Subscribe Now!